Saturday, June 26, 2010

ADILABAD, JAINATH : LAKSHMI NARAYANA SWAMY TEMPLE




On Friday 25th June 2010, I boarded Krishna xpress at secunderabad and reached Adilabad at 7am on Saturday morning.  My friend P V, IAS received me at the station.  After spending 2 hrs with him, I got ready and the driver took me to JAINATH which is about 22 kms from Adilabad.  There, the MRO and Temple EO received me. Since it is the day of ERUVAKA PURNIMA, special Satyanarayana Swamy vratham is performed and about 25 families (couples)  are sitting around the Central hall just in front of  Mulavirat.  Mulavirat Laxminarayana swamy diety is looking so powerful and blessing the devotees praying to him.  I prayed for the health of my daughter and grand daughter (born on 10 June 2010) named as AKSHARA.  I prayed to the Lord and the Archaka Pujari has come from the Satyanarayana swamy vratham.  Mantra Pushpam on the name of self, Muthyaladvi, anil, venkat, and my daughter Rohini her family & the new born.  I have spend some time with the MRO, Deputy Tahasildar, EO of the temple  for 15 minutes at the temple executive officer room, took some photos and returned to Adilabad by 1 PM.
The temple is an ancient temple and a Sila sasanam in Sanskrit has been recording the hisotry of the temple.  Sen below is a picture of the sila sasanam.                                            On the way to the temple we have first passed through theAdilabad- Nagpur highway and took riight turn near the Jainath route.  It is about 9 kms from the turning point. There are three vilages on the way.  After the first village, one small bridge over Satnala Vagu has been crossed.  Then, another Vagu has come near NEERALA Village.     The small low  lying passage over the vagu is very steep and the driver told me in the rainy season when the waters are full it flows over the road on the low lying area and that time the route is closed for inevitable reasons.  A photo of the Neerala vagu is shown in  the  adjoining photo.  In the  night my brother PV IAS has seen this photo.  Immediately he was trying to contact R& B department who deals with the roads in the villages in Adilabad. 
The   Promptness he has shown as the District collector impressed me very much.  Yes, that is the right way to function.  I remembered our college days when we as students used to cross the KUNDERU vagu near our village.  We used to be with wet clothes whole day in the college.  Some times  we get sick next day and has to bunk the classes.  The  Present Collector himself has passed through all such hurdships during the seventies, our college days.  

3 comments:

  1. It is a pleasure to know that Jainath is also the family name. May be, the people hail from Jainath town might have adopted the name of their town in the anicient times or otherway round. I mean, the Jainath town itself might have been named on the name of the who developed the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that people who have the fortune enough to visit Jainath temple have not mention its origin, its story on why such a temple has come there.Even the Tourism Dept.. has only given a line or two .It is really a great shame. Why don't you people want to promote tourism??????

    ReplyDelete